Well I don’t know about you but I ended up wetter than an otter’s pocket yesterday! However a little rain is much needed. I’ve learned a new word too: ‘petrichor’ which is the earthy scent when rain falls on dry soil. I wonder if you’ve smelt it?
Her are today’s learning activities:
- Reading: Check out today’s activity on Reading Eggs. Also continue 20 minutes reading of your current book.
- Spellings: Access the link below for your year group and learn the set list. You could print the handwriting sheet OR present it in your Homework Pack.
Challenge: Can you get your words into conversations you have today?
3. Maths: Access White Rose Maths and complete the tasks for Summer Term Week 2, Day 3.
Remember – if you find it too tricky (or easy!) feel free to try the daily lesson from a Year 3 (or Year 5/6) page. This is completely fine to do 🙂
Access and follow the Bitesize links below.
Other ideas for Wednesday:
- Make sure you get some exercise – a good walk or work out in the garden. I’ll be out for my morning run in the rain the Briar today!
- PSHE: check out this link and activities all about teamwork.
- Art / DT : Could you create some art / craftwork linked to nature following yesterday’s science lesson? Please send in anything you make !
- Violins – You’d normally have violin lessons today so you could haave a practise if you have yours at home.
- TT Rockstars: The Inter House Tournament Round 4 continues! Play ‘Battle’ to earn your team points.
I look forward to speaking to many of you on the phone over the next few days! Don’t worry – it’s just a catch up to see how you are and if you have any requests or questions. I look forward to it!
Miss Whit 🙂