Good morning Dragonflies!
As mentioned yesterday, today is Florence Nightingale’s birthday! Happy Birthday to the Lady with the Lamp. Therefore some of your activities today will continue around this theme.
Here are your main learning activities for today:
Complete yesterday’s comprehension activity if you haven’t already.
Then continue reading for research; this is a great website to try:
- Spellings: Access the link below for your year group and learn the set list. You could print the handwriting sheet OR present it in your Homework Pack.
3. Maths: Complete the White Rose Maths activity for your year group. To access the related video, go to the usual White Rose page through the link below. You will need to go to Summer Term week 3, day 2 today.
Remember – you are welcome to try any level.
Year 5 White Rose Maths – for teaching video clip
Using your notes and research, I’d like you to create your own biography for Florence Nighingale which you can finish tomorrow.
- Plan your lay-out: think about titles, subheadings, pictures, fact boxes, colour. Will you design it by hand or using a computer?
- Begin writing and creating your biography using the notes you have been making. Remember to put your notes into full sentences now! Keep it interesting and factual.
Other ideas for Tuesday:
- National Walking Month! How many steps can you walk in your hour today?
- TT Rockstars: The Inter House Tournament Round 5/5 begins! Play ‘Battle’ to earn your team points.
Miss Whit 🙂